Monday, June 30, 2008

How to miss three consecutive buses

I don't really have much to say, but I did manage to miss three consecutive buses today, so I guess I'll talk about that...haha There are 2 buses (355, 365) that go from the PKU East gate (where the chem building is) to our Wanliu apartments.

First, I was walking over the bridge that goes over the Zhong Guan Cun Road when I sighted the 355 bus off in the distant. I figured, if I started running, I could probably make the bus. So I sprinted all the way to the bus stop, got out my bus card, and was about to get on...but then...the bus driver decided to close the doors in my face and drive off. That's happened to me before, so I figured I'll catch the next bus...

10 min later, a 365 arrived. I can't possibly miss a bus while standing AT the bus stop right?!... Since there are so many different buses that arrive (seemingly simultaneously) at each stop, each bus has its designated parking spot. And the bus drivers are really picky about people getting own at the exact spot along the bus stop. Since I didn't want to po the bus driver, I waited at the 365 spot. But the bus decided to pull up at the 355 spot (the total opposite end of the bus stop!) and it wasn't even by curb, it was parked one lane over. The 365 stopped for 10 sec, while I was starring at it, and it drove off. (buses here apparently run in pairs and come at 20-30 min intervals as apposed to one every 10-15 min...sometimes it seems like the bus drivers are racing each other, but that's just my hypothesis). Anyways, so 10 seconds afterwards, another 365 came. But that bus assumed that the first one had picked everyone up from my stop, so it didn't even bother stopping...

Meanwhile, I was like "Oh crap! I guess I'll just take a cab home" (it was getting late 9:30pm). This shouldn't have happened, but 2 min later, another 365 came...I was half expecting it to keep on driving, but it surprisingly stopped at the right place and I managed to get on...miraculously! Of course my bus somehow got into a traffic jam at this one intersection as another 365 passed us. After passing that intersection, my bus driver assumed that the previous three 365 have picked everyone up, so we essentially only stopped at 3 of the next 6 stops...haha...and that was just to drop people off. But the funny part was, since we didn't really stop anywhere, our bus driver drove incredibly fast. In fact, he drove so fast that the entire bus was vibrating like it had two flat tires.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home